Design, develop, integrate, test and validate embedded software for system product solutions for the Company's products. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design, develop, integrate and validate embedded system software for computer controlled/embedded products.
* Develop and execute software tests that demonstrate software meets requirements and does not introduce unwanted operating conditions. Design and validate requirements and specifications.
* Build and improve software and tools by translating functional requirements in robust, scalable, supportable solutions.
* Participate in the full development cycle, end to end from design, development, implementation, validation, documentation and maintenance.
* Delivery of quality applications on time and on budget.
* Evolve software engineering practice within the organization, including reporting, tools and development methodology.
* Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new development.
* Software design and test requirements documentation, test reports, and reports for customers on design and test results.
* Maintain or increase internal and external customer satisfaction. * May train and mentor new software engineers.
* Other related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech in Electronics & Communication / Computer Science / Instrumentation Engineering from a reputed educational with 5-8 years experience in software design; or a combination of education, training and experience.
* Embedded software design, development, validation and documentation experience
* Minimum 5 years of embedded software development experience
* Expertise in interface protocols like CAN/J1939/NMEA2000, LIN, SPI, UART, I2C etc.
* Thorough knowledge of circuit level hardware implementation with analog interface
* Excellent ability to produce structured, well documented code
* Knowledge of CMM and CMMI requirements and experience establishing CMM and CMMI compliant development environments and processes
* Ability to create software layouts that fulfill given specifications
* Excellent research skills
* Demonstrated proficiency using test equipment and circuit board debugging
* Thorough understanding of digital circuits
* Excellent programming skills in C
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to forge and manage relationships with multiple disciplines
* Creativity in product development
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Exercise good critical judgment
* Take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision